1. Welcome to Hungercraft!

Welcome to the home of the first and best Minecraft Hungergames Community! Please login or register in order to start building your stats! You can view our available servers here to play with us in-game!

Already a member? Login Now!

Tell me what YOU want.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zemphon, Jan 9, 2013.

1. zemphon

zemphon Gold Donor

IGN:
    zemphon
    Ive been getting alot of criticism about my streams lately, not everyone streams alike everyone has there own style, but i want the community to tell me straight up how i can improve, and what i need to stop. Without the community i couldnt come to the point of where im at now streaming. But i want to improve for your entertainment. Now i know there are some obvious stuff i need to fix, such as my mom
    Hogging up bandwith. Wich is already taken care of, i can assure you the official this 19th will go alot smoother. But please im asking for criticism, not hate. Shoot away.
  2. Yamata4TW

Yamata4TW Gold Donor

Team:
    Teto-Chan
    IGN:
    Yamata4TW
    Alright... if you say so. I already told you most of this in a private talk on Teamspeak, but why not re-iterate it:
    1.) Eat anything you want to eat before you stream. DO NOT EAT SNACKS AT ANY POINT DURING A STREAM. You'll make Hungercraft look like crap if you do that.
    2.) Speak about Hungercraft before the stream. The limitations of Hungercraft, who will be the best player(s) in the match, etc. Don't just sit there with your music and say nothing. Since I know I can listen to my music without a voice without Hungercraft's stream.
    3.) Do your fast commentaries like you did before ^^ Always spectate what you think is going to provide the most action, not just spectating a person who already died, or looking at 'a pretty reindeer' and all that crap. Stay focused and find the action and have comments on it. In fact, narrate what the hell is happening.
    4.) Do the stream in the streaming channel of HC and not skype. As I heard from what happened during the later half of the stream; using skype really didn't give us much to say good things about when you keep getting skype messages around the clock. In teamspeak, you only have pokes that make noises, but you can shut'em off. In skype, you are full of noise. In streaming, TS is better than skype: unless you're doing something casual that would permit any use of skype (like a let's play stream, just a casual teaming with friends, etc)

Err, that's all I pretty much have to say. Not sure if I should say more, but you know what they say, "less is more".
  3. zemphon

zemphon Gold Donor

IGN:
    zemphon
    Allow me to point out that i was infact within ts3 while streaming, but skype was open in background, ill ensure for now on that when i stream, i am set on "Do not disturb" as that blocks all noise and alerts
  4. Adath

Adath Renown Elite Retired Staff

Team:
    Team Booty
    IGN:
    Adath
    I love you zemphon...... That is all I have to say :)
  5. Eythx

Eythx Renown Elite Retired Staff Official Winner

Team:
    Spice Girls
    IGN:
    Eythx
    www.hahgay.com
    Yamata4TW, Swagaraga and Traceroy like this.
  6. Logan

Logan Iron Donor

Team:
    KoRT
    IGN:
    cellogan
    You started off pretty good, watching people and all. Just once its down to like the final 8 just dont go off and start messing around and taking screen shots of your self on santa sleigh, keep watching and tping to other players to entertain the audience.
    Other then that it was okay i liked it, good job :)
  7. Sebomon

Sebomon Diamond Donor

Team:
    The Phoenix
    IGN:
    _Sebomon_
    Pretend your like an actual filmer of the Hunger Games. Talk about strategy and get into the strategy of the games! But really you are great!
  8. Yamata4TW

Yamata4TW Gold Donor

Team:
    Teto-Chan
    IGN:
    Yamata4TW
    Sebs, is the Huner Games water themed? Since you talked about Zemphon being a filter. And I believe a stategg is a way to dirty the water more? For freaking sakes, please take the effort to edit your posts -.-
    Skipper3210 and WatermelonKing1 like this.
  9. Troyter

Troyter Active Combatant Official Winner

Team:
    IGN:
    Troyter
    Logan is right the less players there are the less it seems that you talk, if I where you I would tp to each player and comment on their weapons and armour and who would have the best advantage eg. Oh and there is Watermelonking in full chain and an iron sword now if he where to attack Adath who is only in leather pants and a wooden sword Watermelon will have the armour and weapon advantage. If there is nothing REALLY nothing to be said say and everyone who just joined us on twitch we are currently spectating the so and so official on the map so and so and with me right now is so and so. If you stick around for the end you will be able to join us on mc1.playhc.net or mc2.playhc.net! If you want a full server list then visit our website at hungercraft.net!

Also if you could download sonics shaders cause it just makes you and hc seem a lot more professional! Plus is makes the game look so much better :)
  10. septimusthe5th

septimusthe5th Coal Donor

Team:
    The Brotherhood (but also a hit man)
    IGN:
    septimusthe5th
    While yes you may be boring sometimes, no offense man, I don't think that is a problem.
    What we need is some fresh blood, not to replace you, but to compliment your style.
    Perhaps if you like the idea of having a Co-Host for the official (Either honney or you have to go sorry), you could hold "auditions" by having someone commentate with you for an automated match.

Honney and you share the same style, that's why it didn't work for the official, Eythx was a great addition.

This is good idea.
  11. Yamata4TW

Yamata4TW Gold Donor

Team:
    Teto-Chan
    IGN:
    Yamata4TW
    Co-Commentator you say? Tell me how much Zemphon talked in this compared to honney:
    http://www.twitch.tv/zemphon/b/336855175
  12. Swagaraga

Swagaraga Community Manager and Head Moderator Administrator

Team:
    BootLeggers
    IGN:
    Swagaraga
    Before I say anything I just want to say that I am going to be honest with you and give you my opinion on how things have unfolded.

My main problem is that the stream is no longer professional. Before, the commentator and the cohost(s) were in the Teamspeak, talking up what they thought about the map looking around and getting an idea of what to see, ( mainly to ensure that they weren't surprised with anything in the map) and after that not a single person left or entered the channel. if you were in the channel then you were late you were sitting out. No one entered or left the channel during the game, with special occasion. There was no answering phone calls there were no "I'll brb I gotta go take out the trash really quick," there weren't any conversations that were unrelated to the stream, and most importantly the camera is on the action for every second. It was through this that it caused such immersion and entertainment for the audience.
  13. Sebomon

Sebomon Diamond Donor

Team:
    The Phoenix
    IGN:
    _Sebomon_
    Before you accuse people of things consider the fact that it might not be their fault... I.e. Disability, mobile device that doesn't always work well, bad eyesight.....
  14. WatermelonKing1

WatermelonKing1 Renown Elite Official Winner

Team:
    <3 Team Love! <3
    IGN:
    WatermelonKing1
    If only I could actually get that Equipment in an official match! :D
  15. zemphon

zemphon Gold Donor

IGN:
    zemphon
    Now i dont want to get into detail, but i have stuff going on within my life that are also effecting alot of things, most of all, my personality. It not just only effecting that, but it has affected multiple other things such as my social life and my time with education, i barely keep in contact with my friends. They dont even attempt to hang out with me, im mostly spending time at home, and plus ive been recently pulled out of school for a large amount of time, i wont explain why, but i will tell you that this DOES effect my personality for the worse and not for the best, now im not turning this into a sympathy thread where you start going easy on the criticism but im just simply explaining that i have shit going on in my life that has been affecting me for the past two years or so, bart is the only one that can really understand aince he knows most. Sorry for my errors

Edit: as some of you have suggest installing shaders. I could, if you want a stream at around 10 fps, it kills my computer, but ill do some tests
  16. Troyter

Troyter Active Combatant Official Winner

Team:
    IGN:
    Troyter
    If it kills ur computer than do not install it! Shaders just make it look nicer but if you run low fps with it then do not use it pls! And yes I would have a co-commentator maybe someone who is part of the community such as Yamata or Floppeh but that is just me! I also liked the way Eythx did his job so yeah all in all a new commentator next to you would be nice to hear :)
  17. FloppehFeesh

FloppehFeesh Coal Donor Official Winner

Team:
    Clockwork
    IGN:
    FloppehFeesh
    As someone having a bit of experience streaming and commentating this is what I have to say:

-Do not eat during the stream, a drink of water is fine but don't bring a plate of ribs to your computer.

-Always try to be talking and stay on subject. Try not to get distracted by the creeper over there handing out with that spider jockey, "OMG best friends." NO. Play times over o:<. During pregame you can talk about the people in game or you can ask people to do something like guess what map the match will be played on.

-While commentating CONSTANTLY teleport to people. You wan't to move around and get as much action etc in the stream. Example: you teleport to two players near each other, you check it out for a bit and if nothing seems to be happening move on to someone else. When there is a fight try to watch it all the way through. When someone dies, almost always teleport to their slayer. Deaths can attract players etc.

I don't know what else to say I'm bored.